Friday, January 30, 2009

Roof (Day Two)




































I checked the house today as we received an invoice for the completed brickwork; There's been no action since the 21st Jan - the bricks were almost complete with the exception of the pillars (still waiting for the curved t-bar for the portico). As you can see from the pics the pillars are still incomplete but to my surprise I found the ROOF ON...hooray some action finally...I guess this is not the best time to start building????just too hot or it's raining is there such a thing as too cold???This took all of two days??? I can see that there are tiles missing on the very top - not sure how this gets checked properly. I'm very happy with the bricks (I think I've said that already) but every time I look at them I'm just so pleased; I guess it does pay to pick the ones you want as you'll be looking at them everyday. Imagine what they'll look like once they get cleaned. It's been a slow start to the year but I hope things will keep moving quickly from here on in as our rental place has just been put on the market...arrgghhh - let's hope it doesn't sell till March, with the 6week settlement hopefully this will bring it to May when we're hoping we can move into our new house.

Will go around the block tomorrow to do a thorough check of the frames and floors - see if there's any damage from the elements (just read homeone forum and saw the Southies thread with their building progress - not good). Plus will need to mow the council patch as it looks like crap plus the builders just keep dumping rubbish outside on the ground....arrgghhh

No comments: