Sunday, May 18, 2008

Tile Selection_Di Lorenzo Tiles


Hannah from Di Lorenzo was our consultant, she was so patient with me and gave great advise. I fell in love with the concrete look for the living area floors, so we're getting a quote for the semi-polished porcelain tiles 'Rex Concreate' in Mud, love it. I thought we should keep the same tiles all the same on the ground floor, so the laundry and powder room will have the same tiles but smaller size. It's great they've got these in mosaic as well so for the splashback in the powder room & laundry I can continue the same look.

For the bathroom we've decided on polished porcelain tiles for the walls (300x600) with matt porcelain tiles on the floor. I'm still undecided about the vanity colour and basin. It doesn't match the other tiles but the bathrooms will be upstairs.



The carpet is a dark grey which gives a lovely contrast to the floor tiles, this carpet is 100% synthetic...it won't bring up fluff (like wool) and is more stain resistant than wool.




This photo doesn't do it justice, I love these mosaic tiles for the kitchen splashback; it's 'Casa Mood mosaico Neutra Silver Lux'...looks great with white grout.

I think I need to re look at my colour selections
now that I've picked my floor tiles...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi.. I am building a house and have seen the Eden brae homes and LOVE their mosaic style tiles. We also went to Di Lorenzo and those tiles were just over $500 per square metre. I told my builder and he said..."yikes, I never see tiles that dear". I love the tiles but in an effort to save money I am trying to find something else. $750 for a small splashback in the kitchen seems exorbitant. Annalisa

hermyleen said...

Hi, I'm still new to this blogging thing; the way I look at it if you were to get a glass splashback it would cost double...at least with the mosaic tiles they're still a feature and they look great...this is something you would be looking at everyday and will be a feature of the house

Anonymous said...

Hi.. Annalisa here again. Love your blog... I agree the tiles are fabulous, but the problem for us is, I loved the olive coloured ones more than the brown ones and we need the brown ones. I too think that they would look fabulous and we thought we'd have a look around and if we couldn't see anything similar, we'd go with the mosaic! Would you believe we found a porcelain tile we love to use on the splashback area. And the price.... $30 per metre!!! We love these new tiles we found very much and are going with them!! We figure the $700 saving will buy us one frameless glass panel for the pool! Thanks for the great blog. Annalisa

Ceramic wall tiles said...

I used glass mosaic tiles in my kitchen. I really like mosaic tiles.

Claire :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I have chosen very similar to yourself. I am building a house and going with polished porcelain bathroom tiles from di lorezno (300 x 600) in light grey. and i am getting avorio lux in the kitchen splashback. very good tastes lol.. isnt those mosaics just gorgeous! We couldnt resist.