Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Independent Inspections

We received the Tyrrell's Inspection yesterday and my SS even went through the list. How about that for service. My CSR said that this wasn't the norm but I think EB should actually do this as part of their standard process...makes sense it's already part of their quality assurance program so why not involve the client to provide them with assurance that even though the build may have its defects that EB is looking into it and hopefully rectify the issues.

I have my fingers, toes and everything else crossed that this won't turn out like the last inspection and that EB will address issues coming from these reports. So far so good.

The only major thing coming out of the report was with the roofing it needs to be finished off (ridge capping loose & flashing needs to be rectified) apart from that minor things which still needs to be addressed such as painting issues, gutters needs to be cleaned, sealing in the bathrooms, drains cleaned - nothing that can't be fixed.

A big thing which for me has to get done - the bloody mosaic tiles, I wish I never got these now seems like a PITA to do. The powder room still to be redone.

So hopefully all small issues will get resolved, my SS is hoping to get all the stuff done by Friday!!! so will wait and see, I wonder if Tyrrells come back for another inspection???

Anyway very pleased with yesterdays outcome, I feel a bit relieved that our inspector was very very thorough and was generally ok with the standard of build. I wished we got Ben for the pre-plaster inspection...Ben had done a couple of inspections for us, we were looking at buying a property before we decided on building, we just missed out at auction at a property in Ryde but I remembered his report was so thorough. I actually never met him until yesterday. I recommend Inspect It for your next property inspection.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic - just minor things!! You're on the home stretch now hermyleen !! Great feeling isn't it ??