Thursday, June 18, 2009

New carpet

For a brief moment I was excited to see my new carpet (the colour is perfect) until I saw that the bed side switches had not been moved; which means the electrician will be going up and down the stairs with his muddy boots on my NEW carpet. Then the plasterer then the painter then it won't be looking so new anymore. I specifically asked that this be done first before the carpet was put in.

I spoke to the CM because he said to call him for any issues and the response I got was 'what do you want me to do Hermyleen rip up the carpet?' This was the response I got. This seems to be typical of his responses now - ok we'll rip up the tiles/wall and move the taps up. I would like to go to his house and trample all over his carpet with my muddy shoes and see how he feels about that. That's what I'd like to happen.

Care factor here is nil obviously.

I'm upset about this because I would like my new carpet to stay new - I paid a lot of money for this upgrade close to $6k just for this carpet. If I was living in this house already (just hypothetically) I wouldn't let dirty muddy boots anywhere near my new carpet.

So Tyrell's inspection is booked in for tomorrow and our own independent inspection in for Tuesday so maybe we'll do our PCI then. I guess it depends on when we get the Tyrell's report as we'd like to see this first.

I just don't understand why Tyrrell's are coming tomorrow when the tilers were suppose to come back and fix the tiling; plumbing not done in the kitchen - NO PLUMBING for the kitchen sink; the windows still missing stormmoulds; missing door fittings in the bedroom and laundry; fascia not fixed; brick piers need repainting; broken windows; house not cleaned....

I remember the CM telling us that EB were changing their procedures and that the inspection by Tyrrells will be done once the house is complete and up to 'display home' standard. This is not the case at all.

This experience seems more painful that my cancer seriously, just excruciating. I just want this to be over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last thing you need is this sort of rubbish increasing your stress levels.

Seriously, (I'm sorry if I sound like I'm preaching) you have to look 3 months down the track & focus on the fact that you WILL get past this. Just like so many other hurdles - it's just a house!!
Well......that's what's worked for me.
I'm thinking of you Hermyleen!!!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe the poor service you have recieved from Eden Brae - it sounds like they have no control over their tradies whatsoever or any quality control. I'm so sorry you've been put through this by what I thought was a reputable company - obviously like many other company's, once they've got their money they lose interest!