Sunday, April 19, 2009

I thought I'd change the colour of my blog to reflect the current state of the house at the moment it's looking - WHITE. WHITE. WHITE.

The painters were hard at work on Sat and the Solar panels were also moved on Sat. They had to change the position of the solar panel as it blocked the space for the sky light in the bathroom. Not sure if the new position helps actually...will see.

Went to Flower Power today, love that place just getting ideas on what to plant and more importantly how much, the landscaping will definitely be something we'll complete next year as much as I'd love to get this done straight away. I think it's something I'll research some more - which means I need more home magazines to look at...all for research I say.

I hope this rain stops this week, there's painting to be done. The lower eaves and cladding have to be painted as well as the internals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hermyleen, ot save money you need to buy yourself a gardening magazine or 2 and check out the mail order nurseries on the back pages. Some of them are now online.

This is how I did my last garden. Saved LOADS of cash. Nurseries like FP, etc.. are OK if you want 1 or 2 plants but ridiculously expensive if needing to plant an entire block of land.

Not one of my mail order plants (& I bought dozens) died. They all thrived.

hermyleen said...

any chance you still have the web addresses? if you could kindly pm me if you get a chance, thanks.