Tuesday, May 26, 2009

There's no end to what people will pinch, I thought the plumbers were done and dusted but what do I find today when I looked at the kitchen sink - two black holes...I think someone has taken this - the dual multi-link space saver waste fitting in satin finish. We ordered a riva double undermount sink. I saw the plumber fitting this. The taps are in lets just hope no one turns them on.


I wasn't going to say anything about this but this must be the same person that has taken the dish drainer that goes with this sink. We got the box but just not the drainer....this happened ages ago when the benchtop came. I know that this drainer was ordered because the person from HOGallery told us so....and I saw it myself with my own eyes - anyway no problem I didn't want to cause a fuss about a dish drainer and I just ordered one from Cooks plumbing - but someone taking the waste fitting - I just bloody hope EB replace it with the same one.

I couldn't see any plumbing for the dishwasher also - will talk to my SS tomorrow. They've got the box for the dishwasher but no holes to put the plumbing or the plug to go through as these are under the sink. Not really happy with the state of the kitchen either - the doors don't close properly in the sink after the detergent caddy has been fitted in and there are a LOT of scratches and bumps already - does not look like a new kitchen.

The painters must have a day job and just come around to our place after hours - someone came late yesterday afternoon - 5ish so not really the best time to paint - not much light and not really the best drying time possible. Today they came a little bit earlier 4ish and apparently coming back tomorrow to finish. I hate this piecemeal work because that's what the end result looks like piecemeal.

To top it off I think whoever has done the replastering has chipped the caesarstone in the bathroom - not happy Jan not sure how they fix this...they probably have to replace the whole thing??

I think the tiler will have to come back also as I noticed the mosaic tiles were coming off in the powder room - not sure what happened to the tiler here as I thought they'd done a good job in the bathrooms and ground floor despite all the tile sagas we've had; have not fully checked the tiling at all.

We seem so close to the end but there are still so much stuff outstanding.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh hermyleen, it's just one thing after another for you! I would be tearing my hair out & not sleeping.Eden Brae should be ashamed of themselves. You know of course, it's the SS's fault. He controls the site therefore he should be on to these careless tradesmen. Afterall, it's the quality or lack of, that reflects on Eden Brae's reputation.
Hope it comes to an end quickly for you - hang in there.

hermyleen said...

I'm officially no longer excited about moving into this house; I'm usually a positive person but you're one hundred percent correct it's one thing after another and I'm over it.

Anonymous said...

Gee you haven't had a great run, it really is a shame.
The last bit is most definately the worst of it. The tradies don't seem to take much care! Things that made it through unscaved manage to get damaged. We had chipped, scratched tiles in bathrooms. Kitchen had scratches all over it. Paint looks like a patchwork. When they came back after moving in really sloppy & made it worse. My 5 year old could have done a better job. Even the carpet layers buggered doors, left marks on walls. The finish of the home really is disappointing, hardly what I would call "prestige"

hermyleen said...

The funny thing is I still think I've not had the worst of it - in terms of the build. It could have been seriously much worse; I'll just wait and see what the independent inspection report will come up with, hopefully very minor matters; although I just got the Tyrrell's report last week (from March)and was not too happy with what they said in that. Will not go on about this - this is another story