Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bathroom Tiles

Di Lorenzo Tiles have done a really great job on the tiling but I've not fully checked (and I'm no expert) so will wait until it's all done and cleaned.

Stegbar went to the house on Mon to measure the screens and shelves to which my SS invited me to. Stegbar did tell me that you can have a 'frameless' shower screen to which the doors will be hinged to the glass panel, which is what I've ordered He also said that as we are having a dual shower there will be a lot of water so a hob may be a good idea...funny that's not what they have on there web site...it seems a bit weird that they are now getting Stegbar involved and not when I was making the variation.

I think the tiles would have looked stunning if I only went to the ceiling, oh well will have to wait now until we move in. It just looks a bit unfinished but will wait and see once it's painted.

I did want to get this sorted out now but apparently if I get the tiler in now to tile to the top the cornices will have to be taken out as it will hit the cornices and will stick out. I didn't think it would be a big deal the tilers are coming back anyway, it's just the cornices and gyprock will have to be redone. The carpenter is coming on Thurs, he could take the cornices out then? So what's the big deal??

main bathroom: "the hobless one", check out the floor below




looks a bit ugly with the tiles cut but that's the standard height...I think it was more work cutting the tiles than just going to the ceiling. It seems a bit inflexible this whole thing.

Here is the ensuite bathroom: 'with hob' doesn't have the same clean lines as the one above, the shower screen will sit on the top in the inside of this, which will make it more noticeable.
EB have not apologized about this mistake or acknowledged the fact that they made a mistake.

dual shower in the ensuite; notice the side of the shower - will definitely tile this higher at least to the shower height, looks a bit weird how it drops down....guess had not fully visualised this oopssy

I looked at this photo again below of the bathroom in the entertainer 37 and the tiles weren't done to the ceiling, so mine may look ok once painted, I hope.



4 comments:

Bernadette said...

Your tiles look familiar,only I think yours are a shade darker to ours.

Once they paint and your shower screens are on, the cut tiles will not be as obvious. It all looks very nice and Di Lorenzo have done a great job.

If you do decide to tile to the top after handover, we have the contact number of the tilers that did ours. They were really accomodating as I was pretty picky.

hermyleen said...

thanks bernadette, I think we have the same bathroom tiles. If you can pm me their name that would be great. B did you have your cornices done first before the tiles?

Bernadette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bernadette said...

From memory the tiles were called 'pearl' and the cornices were definately done prior to the tiling. The tiles are pretty much flush with the cornice and don't stick out.

How is everything else going?