Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ready Set Tiling

The tilers started this morning and they will be working all week to do the bathroom, ensuite, wc's, laundry and powder room downstairs plus the splashback for the kitchen. I was very excited to see the tiles today...they look hot hot hot can't wait to see them laid. I think this is the most exciting part of the build, seeing it all come together. I really really wanted the tiles laid to the ceiling but it was just over our budget since we already upgraded on the tiles used; could this be something we could do after?? or would it look disjointed?? maybe just to the shower area?? anyway cannot wait to see them.

When we were choosing our tiles I'd thought about doing the tiles after the build as we found this great/ amazing Japanese tiler which did out bathroom renovation in Bondi. He was such a perfectionists, I couldn't fault one tile laid it was just perfect; so the pressure is on as I want the tiles and kitchen perfect - I may even get Takami to check them.

No comments: